Thursday, April 14, 2011

Late in the evening and a cold breeze has chilled me

It is truly amazing that we human beings are able to survive the harshness and anger and lack of fairness in this world.  I don't really know if there is a plan for us out there, but if there is one, I really hope the denoument will make it all better for us.  So many times, the best and smartest things in life are the simplest.  A good recipe with only 2 or 3 really good ingredients -- jeans that zip up easily on a "fat" day.  One of the simplest and truest statements is -- life is hard.  So hard.  I know there are heroes like Pat Tilman, the Japanese nuclear plant workers who stayed in the danger zone to try and save their countrymen, the first responders on 9/11.  But the real heroes in my book are those normal, everyday people who just keep going.  My nephew who loves everyone he meets and is the very definition of unconditional love and joy.  My friend, a true gentle spirit with the kindest heart I know, getting divorced and keeping it together for her children and because there really is no other good choice.  Keep calm and carry on.  My sister who gets up every morning at 4 am to go to a back breaking job that she does better than anyone else.  There are many many others I know and I am in awe of them.  Just when I think the world is full of dirty so & so's, I think of the other beautiful people who make up 99.9% of life.  They are the salt of the earth, they are the chocolate chip in the cookie of life, they are the 1/4 moisturizing cream in my Dove Soap.  And yes, dammit, they are the ones who make me the proudest.

No comments:

Post a Comment